• Scoops overlap to reduce sample loss
• Dependable release closing
• 316 or 18-8 stainless steel construction
• Lightweight yet stable due to wide base
• Extra weights available
• Center pivot for low bottom disturbance
This is the grab to choose for soft, finely divided littoral bottoms that are free from vegetation, such as sticks and decayed leaves (or with short, erect vegetation only) as well as intermixtures of sand, stones and other coarse debris.
Eckman Dredge Sampler
The Eckman Dredge Sampler is an excellent choice for soft, finely divided littoral bottoms that are free from vegetation and sticks and decayed leaves. The devices scoops overlap to reduce sample loss and it has a dependable release closing. It is lightweight and stable due to its wide base. It will work with short, erect vegetation, but the Eckman dredge sampler works best with intermixtures of sand, stones and other coarse debris.